Thursday, April 7, 2011

Priorities?

Today I realized what my priorities are. I left my house this morning (late, as always) and as soon as I got on the freeway, my gas light went on. I drove the entire 25 miles to school with barely any gas and headed to Wal-mart to get 15 students donuts. As soon as I pulled up to the parking lot, I realized I didn't have my wallet. Luckily, I found 10 bucks in my purse (I never carry cash!) and I had an executive decision to make. Do I buy the donuts to avoid disappointing my students? Or do I buy gas so that I don't run out on my way home? That's where I discovered what my priorities were. I bought the donuts and milk. When I went to check out the guy rang me up for two milks and I received 2 dollars and some change. I about freaked. I needed a refund for the other milk...it would double what I had left. I felt like a poor person begging for money. Anyway, I ended up getting my refund for two additional dollars, pulled up to a gas station, and bought one measly galloon of gas. Dang, gas prices are way too high right now. When I got home, I had exactly 1/2 of a gallon left. Phew. That was cutting it close. So there. Now you have it...those are my priorities.

Oh, and PS- the 15 students were these cute kids who won second place in a huge math competition. I felt like their moms...I couldn't have been more proud. I love these kiddos!!


No comments:

Post a Comment