Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Bummed.

On Monday, at the hospital, I went in for an ultrasound to check on the babies' growth. It had been almost 3 weeks since the last growth ultrasound and I really expected our little guy to have grown, especially because the cord dopplers had looked so great over the last few weeks. Unfortunately, our little guy had only gained 3 ounces in almost 3 weeks! This is devastating news as we only weighs 2 pounds 14 ounces at a little over 33 weeks. Our little girl is doing great and weighs 4 pounds 15 ounces! I am so bummed because I really thought the little guy would weigh over 3 pounds by now. I am coming to terms that he is going to be REALLY small and we will be lucky if he makes it to 3 pounds by the time he is delivered. The doctors think that he is just outgrowing his placenta. I am going to be so happy when this pregnancy is over, but I am just having a hard time with another thing going wrong. I am so worried about our little guy and that he will probably end up being half the size of his twin sister. They say that IUGR babies catch up within a year or two, so that is great news, but it still is difficult knowing that my baby is so so tiny!! Please continue to pray for our little ones, especially our sweet little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment