Thursday, February 28, 2013

4 months old!

Today my babies turned 4 months old! It's crazy how the time has flown by! I am absolutely loving this stage. The babes are smiling and cooing all the time. I love it! They are also noticing me a lot more. Whenever I enter the room they start smiling a ton - it is sooo cute! My days usually go really smooth because they are both such good babies. I really thought I was going to need extra help with twins, but I was pleasantly surprised. I am able to go out and about with the babies - taking them to the mall, Target, or my friend's houses and they always do really well. I am very careful to make sure they are fed and happy before we leave, and most of the time they are content in their carseats the entire time we are gone. They continue to feed really well and I find that my day goes better when I feed them at the same time. That way I don't feel like I am feeding babies all day long like I used to! The hardest part of this age is their sleep schedule. They go to sleep really easily for their naps, but not so well before bed time. They usually require us to rock them to sleep (I know, bad idea!), but I really want to wean them off of that! Addie continues to sleep a lot more than Luke. She still takes 2 hour naps while Luke often sleeps for only 30 - 45 minutes, so it is really hard to keep them on a schedule. I just gave up on trying to get them to sleep at the exact same time every day, but instead I just stick to a basic routine of sleep, eat, awake and sleep again. It works out really well for us, and I don't feel tied down to a set schedule so I can leave the house whenever I'd like. Luckily both babies love their carseats and love sleeping in the car or their stroller!

Today we had their four month appointment and it couldn't have gone better! The doctor was really impressed at their weight and height gain, and he said they looked great all around! I always worry a bit more about little Luke because he was IUGR and had such a traumatic birth, so it was great to hear that he is doing so well. In general, he is just a few days or a week behind Addie in doing new things. Addie is still longer than him and she is more active than he is, but I really think it's just a personality thing. Addie is more active but Luke is more of a talker.



Today, Addie weighed 11 pounds 3 ounces and Luke weighed 11 pounds even. He is definitely filling the gap! Addie is 25 inches and Luke is 23.5 inches and their head is the same size.

Addie is soooo active! She is constantly kicking around on the floor and has been doing this since she was about a month old. She has rolled over from her back to her stomach a few times. She is still a great napper, but has been taking shorter naps the last few days. Hopefully this isn't a new trend! Addie isn't as good of an eater at Luke. She is definitely a long and skinny baby! Addie will not take a binki, but soothes herself is by putting her blanket all over her face and in her mouth. Hey, whatever works! Isn't she such a pretty baby?




Luke is a Mama's boy and I love it! He is so so smiley when I hang out with him. The other day I was cooking dinner and he would start to cry a little when my back was turned. Once I turned around and he saw my face he was smiling and so so happy! He is still a terrible napper! I try everything to get him to go back to sleep. Sometimes he will, but it takes me awhile. Luckily I don't have any other responsibilities but take care of my babies, so I can take the time to just snuggle with the babes! Luke is so so smiley and is such a talker. He is always cooing! He isn't as active as Addie is, but he still will kick around on the floor and lift his head briefly during tummy time. He loves his binki and he still loves to nurse! Love my boy!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh Jenny - you have to post that photo of Addie pulling on Luke's ear on Facebook! It's one of those photos that will end up on Letterman or Leno. Classic! They look GREAT and we're so happy for you. :)
    - Heather

    ReplyDelete